Daniel Garay Arango
I’m a colombian photographer, specialized in black and white, fine art architectural and street photography.
I’m in a permanent quest for the unknown, escaping the everyday routine. Using black and white and imagination as my main tools, I try to take the city to a whole new level and meaning, revealing what always hides in plain sight.
My work is an exercise of patient observation. Exploiting architecture as my main language, I want my photographs to be timeless. There’s no day or age, just light, textures and shapes.
- GRAND PRIZE MonoVisions Awards Black & White Series of the Year 2018 and Architectural Series of the Year 2018 for GRVTY2.
- 1st place, 2018 International Photography Awards (IPA) Architecture, Historic for GRVTY2.
- 1st place, 2017 photography schollarship, Workshop Experience, Madrid, Spain for SilentMonuments.
- Honorable Mention, 2018 Tokyo International Foto Awards for GRVTY2.
- Featured artist at Photographize Magazine and Experiencia Fuji.
- Published in prestigious magazines and blogs such as Adobe Official, MonoChroma Magazine, Trends Magazine India, Abduzeedo, Fubiz, Knack Magazine, The Phoblographer, and many more.